Today is World Mental Health Day.
Awareness days like this are important as it starts a conversation and raises awareness. It also acts as a wee reminder of how important mental health is. However, everyday should be mental health awareness day!
Looking after your mental health is just as important as looking after your physical health. Days like today remind people that it’s ok to not be ok, and it’s ok to reach out for help.
Signs of poor mental health:
- Depression, prolonged sadness
- Feelings of extreme highs and lows
- Anxiety, excessive fear and worrying
- Social withdrawal
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Delusions and/or hallucinations
- Problems coping with daily life
- Suicidal thoughts/ thoughts of self harm
This list is by no means complete, just a start of signs to look out for.
Remember to be kind to one another. You don’t know the struggles that people are going through as we all feel our way through life.